32 Kareela Rd, Penrose NSW, Australia
Kirrikee is located 3km directly north-east of the town of Penrose, itself about 2 hours and 160km south-west of Sydney.
If travelling from Sydney:
- Travel south-west along the Hume Highway (M31) past the turnoffs for Mittagong and Berrima, until you pass Sutton Forest Shell Service Station (approximately 145km from Sydney CBD)
- Approximately 2km past the service station, at the Kingsbury VC Rest Area, turn left off the highway onto Penrose Forest Rd, an unsealed road heading south through plantation forest.
- Travel along Penrose Forest Rd for approximately 5km until a 90-degree right-hand corner, where it becomes Old Argyle Rd, a sealed road.
- Continue south-west along Old Argyle Rd for a further 1.5km and take the first left onto Kareela Rd. This turnoff is before Penrose Rd and the trainline, and opposite the pine sawmill.
- Follow Kareela Rd eastwards for approximately 2km, until the road narrows and you see the “Kirrikee” gate and entrance sign on your left (with 30kmh speed limit signs). If you reach the Penrose Rural Fire Station, Penrose Park or tennis courts, you’ve gone too far.
- Follow the driveway up for another 1km to the main buildings.
- Welcome to Kirrikee!